Pupils listen to a simple poem about the seasons and participate actively with actions for the adjectives. They read and identify the adjectives, then use their imagination to personalise and write their own simple poem.
During this lesson pupils will:
- listen to and read a poem about the seasons using actions for the adjectives to help them with meaning
- use their creative skills to draw a picture about the seasons
- become aware of descriptive language used in poetry
- use their prior knowledge to think of synonyms and other adjectives
- use their imagination to describe their feelings.
The materials can be downloaded below in PDF format.