Question: How can you organise the classroom so that physically disabled learners can participate fully?
Answer: By arranging furniture carefully and having clear guidelines.
In your class, you may have learners who have physical disabilities. If so, it’s important to arrange the classroom so that everyone can learn equally.
To make sure your classroom is inclusive, consider:
- arranging desks in groups
- creating enough space for all learners to move around
- storing materials at a height where everyone can reach them
- using bold print on charts and labels so they are easy to read
- having a safe classroom entry/exit system.
How can you rearrange furniture in your classroom to include learners who have physical disabilities?