Pupils do a short guided-writing activity, using a model. They are engaged by personalising their text and encouraged to be autonomous by peer correcting their partner’s spelling.
During this activity pupils will:
- brainstorm and share existing knowledge of subject vocabulary
- be given freedom to choose
- be introduced to a guided-writing technique, which can be used in other lessons with different texts
- use their creative skills
- practise their spelling and handwriting
- work in pairs
- take responsibility for their own learning and help their peers.
The materials can be downloaded below in PDF format.