Author: Deb Avery | Uploaded on 1 June 2022
Question: Can you use the same language activities for teens and younger learners?
Answer: Yes, you can. But you need to adapt the way you teach them.
Language activities like Change places if ..., Onion rings, and Bingo can be used at different levels. However, you must make sure that the questions, language and instructions are suitable for the learners’ level. You should consider:
- What topics are the learners interested in?
- What questions are appropriate for the learners’ level?
- How can I simplify the instructions for my learners?
- How can I model the game?
- What support do the learners need?
What games will you adapt in order to teach language to young learners?