Author: Deb Avery | Published on 2 January 2023
Question: Can music help my learners develop critical thinking skills?
Answer: Yes, because people understand music in different ways – and there are no correct answers.
Music helps people relax. It can also help people to think. Music can provide a platform for learners to explore their emotions and ideas. This is especially important with teenagers.
Music can help learners improve their language in many ways. They can:
- listen to songs they like
- share their favourite songs
- talk about the kind of music they like and why
- take lyrics from songs to inspire their own songs
- create their own songs
- share with or perform a song for the class.
Could you use music in your language classroom?