Pupils are given the opportunity to predict a simple story using words they have learned. There is a lot of participation by pupils during the storytelling, which will be fun and engaging. Pupils enjoy guessing, especially when they guess correctly.
During this activity pupils will:
- brainstorm and share any prior knowledge or vocabulary they know about towns
- share knowledge they have about their community
- develop their reading comprehension skills by matching words to pictures then recognising them in sentences
- develop their prediction skills and sense of achievement
- use their imagination to create their own story
- practise reading while listening to the teacher reading the text.
The materials can be downloaded below in PDF format.